Jennifer's Reviews > Devoted

Devoted by Hilary Duff

May 10, 12

Read from October 15 to 16, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I have to say that I'm incredibly disappointed. The writing was horrible and the characters were as well.
I think the reader was supposed to sympathize for Clea and love her but I just thought she was incredibly selfish and self-absorbed. I had no clue how two guys were in love with her. If Sage was dead, then the Cursed Vengeance people could have a good life instead of dying.
Then, the love. If Sage was her soulmate, would he cheat on her with another girl? NO. Even if he was under drugs and temptation, he shouldn't have kissed Lila or fallen in love with her. At first when I saw that vision, I thought Petra was faking it. Also, if Clea loved Sage, then Clea wouldn't have gotten revenge at Sage by making out with Ben. Ben was already moving on and Clea wasn't helping.
When you're hurt, don't you go talk to a friend instead of making out with another guy?
sigh.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Devoted.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jennifer Love the cover!

Mina(: this is true, and i agree with you, but i still thought this book was amazing! it adds a twist, which she did well, but i kinda did not like the twists, especially the sage one & how he goes into nicos body? will he be the same or..? will they still love eachother after clea's stupid choice, which also was affected by sage's choices. ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER, ughhhhh!

Jennifer Mina(: wrote: "this is true, and i agree with you, but i still thought this book was amazing! it adds a twist, which she did well, but i kinda did not like the twists, especially the sage one & how he goes into n..."I agree, I disliked the whole Sage going into Nico's body as well. I mean, wouldn't that complicate things with her best friend who's in love with Nico? I know I hate cliffhangers! As much as I disliked this book, it's somewhat addicting so I'm definitely reading the next book. :)

Jenna I didn't much care for him going into Nico's body either. We didn't know enough about him to get attached so his death had no impact. As for Rayna.... shell get over it she is bubbly and funny but she has no substance the first book said she fell in love with just about everyone who had two legs. She also had to fake who she was to get with Nico and that's a turn off oh my I could go on and on. one last thing. the whole jumping into a random body reminds me of The Ghost Whisperer

Laura Could you add a spoiler warning?

Jennifer Sorry! I added it. :)

Laura Thank you. :)