Nikiverse's Reviews > Women, Food and God: An Unexpected Path to Almost Everything

Women, Food and God by Geneen Roth

Feb 25, 2011

bookshelves: body, self-help, food, spiritual, oprah, meditation
Read from February 25 to March 02, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Women, Food and God.

Quotes Nikiverse Liked

Geneen Roth
“And if you worry that not finishing the food on your plate is a slap in the face of all the hungry people everywhere, you are not living in reality. The truth is that you either throw the food out or you throw it in, but either way it turns to waste. World hunger will not be solved by finishing the garlic mashed potatoes on your plate.”

Geneen Roth
“People get old, get sick and die. Or they die suddenly. Or their deaths drag on forever. My friend Tory is dying a slow, excruciatingly painful death of bone cancer. Eight friends have died of breast cancer. Polar bears are dying. Honeybees are vanishing. The oceans are drying up. There is a part of me that wants my money back. That wants to say, 'I didn't sign up for this. I don't like the way this whole thing is set up and I won't participate in it.”

“The Eating Guidelines
1. Eat when you are hungry.
2. Eat sitting down in a calm environment. This does not include the car.
3. Eat without distractions. Distractions include radio, television, newspapers, books, intense or anxiety-producing conversations or music.
4. Eat what your body wants.
5. Eat until you are satisfied.
6. Eat (with the intention of being) in full view of others.
7. Eat with enjoyment, gusto, and pleasure.”

02/25/2011 page 44
02/26/2011 page 89
40.0% ""sometimes it is necessary to reteach a thing its loveliness" - galway kinnell"