Christy Lockstein's Reviews > Mommy Whispers

Mommy Whispers by Jenny Lee Sulpizio

Feb 25, 2011

Mommy Whispers by Jenny Lee Sulpizio & Peg Lozier is a great gift book for a mother and daughter. First Mia's review: The book was about a mommy and her baby girl growing up. The mommy prayed for her little girl pretty much every day. My favorite parts were I felt happy for her when she got married. I also liked it when she was a toddler. I learned that God is always with you and Mommy will always love you. If I were to tell somebody about this book, I would say: You have to read this book because it is very important and for a Christian. Now my review: This was a very interesting book to read with my little girl, especially because I also have a teenage daughter. As the story follows the daughter from infancy to childhood to teen years and to her own daughter, the writer captures poignant moments between mother and child. At each step along the way, the mother prays over her daughter, always finishing with "You are God's gift to me, forever you will be." Lozier's artwork is very pretty, the colors lovely and engaging to the eye. I teared up a few times while reading, there is an intimacy to the illustrations that makes them feel almost like pictures in a scrapbook. This book has the potential to become a family favorite like Robert Munsch's I'll Love You Forever. With the repeated refrain, little girls will love cuddling in their mommy's lap and hearing her whisper her own words of love.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mommy Whispers.