Trinity Rose's Reviews > Bathsheba

Bathsheba by Jill Eileen Smith

Mar 14, 11

Read from March 10 to 14, 2011

Bathsheba is the first book I’ve read of Jill Eileen Smith, and it’s the third in The Wives of King David series. It was a great book as a stand alone or the third in the series.
Knowing the Bible I wondered if Jill Eileen Smith would follow the story in the correct way and I found out they did. The main events all went along with the Bible beautifully. The story was well thought out and the pictures she put in my head were just fantastic.
Many scenes were touching especially when David and Bathsheba’s first child died. You could feel their grief and almost share it with them.
When reading the Bible sometimes we don’t think what really happens after someone does something. After the adultery of David and Bathsheba we don’t consider how Bathsheba could have been stoned or how others in David’s household or even her own viewed Bathsheba. I didn’t really think about if something happened to David that Bathsheba and her children would be in danger of death. Sometimes we don’t think very deeply of the things we read in the Bible. We don’t ask ourselves what if this happened or what if that happened. This book made me think of all of those questions and more.
Bathsheba is a very good book that I recommend highly. It was a very interesting book, even if I knew some of the what happens next parts. I plan on reading Jill’s other books as well.
I know you would really enjoy this book.

“Available March 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

I received my free copy from Donna Hausler from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group for my review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bathsheba.

03/11/2011 page 155