Giovanni Gelati's Reviews > Saving Rachel

Saving Rachel by John  Locke

Feb 28, 11

Read from February 25 to 28, 2011

I love Donovan Creed and the writing style of John Locke. Saving Rachel was a twisted, turning, fun train wreck: one of those things that you can’t stop watching or in this case, reading. Just some stats from the geeks in our stat department, yeah we have one of those, they are a hard working bunch: Kindle rankings of John Locke novels-Saving Rachel- #3, Lethal People-#15, Wish List- #19, Lethal Experiment-#36 ,Now & Then-#41. Intense to say the least, they are $.99 downloads; I sucked them all up I am proud to say. I have totally enjoyed them from beginning to end and could have read them all back to back but I have been trying to portion them out. Anyway, one more stat from our geeks- every 10 seconds ,24 hours a day, a John Locke novel is downloaded somewhere in the world. My experience in the whole thing as far as this blog goes: each one of the posts on Locke is still one of the most visited every day of the week, yes every day, thanks to one and all! The only thing that is staying with these posts is our posts on the Steve Berry Q&A(I think that rocked), and our Trestle Press Spring Submission contest post, that is a fav and the submissions are coming in hot and heavy. Trestle Press thanks you by the way. Now on to the virtual novel (I read it on the Kindle), what lies between the covers:
“What if the best morning of your life suddenly turned into your worst nightmare? Sam Case is about to find out. Saving Rachel is the story of what happens when killers force a man to choose between his wife and his mistress...and the one he rejects must die. But wait--all is not as it appears to be. In fact, nothing is what it appears to be!
Saving Rachel is a scary, funny, roller coaster ride through hell, with twists, and turns that will slap your face and suck you in!”
Not digesting this read in one sitting is difficult. It is quick, it is fun, it will confuse you, and trying to figure it out is just about pointless. For entertainment value, it is off the charts. That is what I love about this guy’s writing; he is an entertainer, period. Great stuff, excellent characters, plenty of action, and my fingers just can’t stop clicking the pages fast enough on the Kindle. Sucking up something this entertaining for a mere buck is an incredible added benefit. I have yet to figure out what he is doing with one of these bad boys as he keeps them as twisted as anyone’s out there, consistently. Donovan Creed is, or I should say, has, quickly become one of my top ten characters in this genre. Did you just read that? BAM, yes you just did. I will read every one this guy puts out with this character. Period! Have you read one of these yet? If you have what are your thoughts?
What are you reading today? Have you checked out our new blogtalk radio show The G-ZONE? Check us out and become our friend on Shelfari, The Novel Spot &Twitter. Go to Goodreads and become our friend there and suggest books for us to read and post on. Did you know you can shop directly on Amazon by clicking the Amazon Banner on our blog? Thanks for stopping by today; We will see you tomorrow. Have a great day. http://www.gelatisscoop.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saving Rachel.