Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > About a Dragon

About a Dragon by G.A. Aiken

Briec the Mighty’s ego knows no bounds. He does whatever he wants , whenever he wants and no one can tell him otherwise. However, Nolwenn witch Talaith is the only one who can put the arrogant dragon in his place.

When she is roused from her sleep and taken to be burned by an angry town determined to kill her for being a witch, Talaith gets a little pissed off. Especially when one of the angry members is her useless husband. But before Talaith gets burned to a crisp, a dragon saves her and suddenly, she finds herself the property of Mr. Briec the Mighty to use and abuse as he pleases. However, Talaith has more fight in her. It becomes a constant battle between Talaith and Briec as they fight for domination. Neither one is willing to bend for the other and all the while, it’s a bunch of laughs and fun (For the reader. Maybe not so much for them)

I have to say how much I adored Talaith and her tenacity. She was a riot, willing to do anything she put her mind to. Just when Briec shows signs of falling hard, Talaith takes off to find something very dear to heart, leaving Briec feeling not to mighty anymore.
This is one of my favourite parts:

He sighed. A big, long sigh. “She left me, sister.”
“The female you had here? Why? Was she unhappy?”
“I didn’t think so. But I guess she was.” Briec sat up a bit, his claw to his chest. “What is this unbearable feeling in my chest?" It’s driving me mad!
Fighting her smile, his sister reached over and ran her hand through his hair. “That, my sweet brother, is called heartbreak.”

Awww. Adorable, right? And then this happens...

He glanced down at his chest. “Will that be a physical deformity?”

LOVE BRIEC! LOVE TALAITH! And my favourite girl, Annwyl the Bloody makes a lot of appearances in this book.

Bottom line? You’re missing out big time if you don’t check out this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read About a Dragon.

01/19/2012 page 24
7.0% "In love with it already :)" 10 comments
01/20/2012 page 60
17.0% "This book cracks me up!"
01/20/2012 page 140
40.0% "I wish I had my own arrogant dragon." 10 comments
01/21/2012 page 250
71.0% "I just LOVE the fire in the women of this series." 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

~V~ Yay!...onto book 2! ;)

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Yayy Im so excited!

Catherine Another 5, yay!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) *grins* I adore this series! There are so many good quotes and one-liners that crack me up.

Catherine Next you'll be on to Gwenvael and the "Beast."

~V~ Mmmmmm...i LOVED Gwenvael!!! ;) His book was the BEST!!..Soooo much happens in that book!!

Catherine ~V~ wrote: "Mmmmmm...i LOVED Gwenvael!!! ;) His book was the BEST!!..Soooo much happens in that book!!"

Did you read the last book? Gwenvael completely cracked me up in that book. He spent the whole story pissed off!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) The epilogue of About a Dragon had the Beast in it. She was fun. Looking forward to it!

You girls make me wanna read it!! Watch tomorrow morning I'll pick it up.

~V~ Catherine wrote: "Did you read the last book? Gwenvael completely cracked me up in that book. He spent the ..."

Catherine ~V~ wrote: "Noooo..i STILL have to read the last two books..i really need to do that darn it!"

You do really need to do it! :P If only to see the reason Gwenvael was so pissed off. :)

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Yess, more goodness coming your way!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Damn! gotta read faster! i wanna know!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I think Annwyl will be one of my fave heroines. She rocked in this book too. Hard to top her.

~V~ Read FASTER!?..dang girl..i'm impressed with how quick you're ALREADY reading! ;) LOL!

~V~ Annie *Leather Lust* wrote: "I think Annwyl will be one of my fave heroines. She rocked in this book too. Hard to top her."

Well..just wait 'till you get a load of her in Gwenvael's book!!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) You're telling me she gets BETTER?

message 18: by ~V~ (last edited Jan 21, 2012 08:46PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

~V~ Annie *Leather Lust* wrote: "You're telling me she gets BETTER?

I just looked up the other books in the series to see who has a book out already. Do you know how long she wants this series to go or is it coming to an end?"

Yep..she KICKS BUTT in that one...and that book also has some VERY emotional parts in it!! :(..i thought!

and as far as the series...i don't believe there is an end in sight...she hasn't said so anyways.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Oh man. Im excited. She kicks ass in ALL THE BOOKS.

oh good. I wish Morfyd and Brastias got a book. But Im not sure she'll do one.

~V~ Annie *Leather Lust* wrote: "Oh man. Im excited. She kicks ass in ALL THE BOOKS.

oh good. I wish Morfyd and Brastias got a book. But Im not sure she'll do one."

Nope, they won't be getting their own book..their story pretty much "plays out" throughout all the books. :)

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I'm kind of sad about that, but I do really love that she has a side romance in addition to the main one. There's really never a dull moment.

~V~ Annie *Leather Lust* wrote: "I'm kind of sad about that, but I do really love that she has a side romance in addition to the main one. There's really never a dull moment."

Yep..i agree...i was bummed out about that too, but she did do a pretty good job with their romance as a side story so that we wouldn't feel too cheated. :)

Catherine I agree with V, even though I wanted them to have their own book, the author does a great job of showing them as a secondary romance in each book.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I looove them!!!

I'm looking forward to Keita's book as well. She's like the girl version of Gwenvael, so it should be interesting....wait, who is in the next book?

Catherine Keita's was my was my least favorite book. I didn't warm up to her very much. She was just too much for me.

Next up is Gwenvael!

Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana i just started this series tonight, I love this book!Dragon Actually

Catherine Tai the Lioness wrote: "i just started this series tonight, I love this book!Dragon Actually"

You too? Yay!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Aw man! I look up the characters for The Dragon Who Loved Meand I dont know them yet!

Catherine Annie *Leather Lust* wrote: "Aw man! I look up the characters for The Dragon Who Loved Meand I dont know them yet!"

You'll meet them in Keita's book.

Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana Catherine wrote: "Tai the Lioness wrote: "i just started this series tonight, I love this book!Dragon Actually"

You too? Yay!"

yes haha! I never thought scales could be so sexy but i was mistaken! the only thing i find odd is there is no mention to time period. Its not focused on scenery like at all which is something different :P

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Awesome, I can't wait! I'll have to go back and get the anthos that have the short stories for this series so I can read those as well. I'm missing only those.

message 33: by Brittany B. (new) - added it

Brittany B. I think I'm sold!!! I forget bout reading this series... Adding it now.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Yay!!! Hope you enjoy!