Paul Pessolano's Reviews > The Woman Who Can't Forget: The Extraordinary Story of Living with the Most Remarkable Memory Known to Science

The Woman Who Can't Forget by Jill Price

Feb 25, 11

Jill Price has not been able to forget anything that has happened to her since she was around 5 years of age. Not only can she not forget but the scenes of her life continually play in her mind. Her life is played back in he mind haphaazardly with no continuity in regards to time, place, or situation. However, if she hears someone mention a date, song, or event, her mind will play back what happened in he life on that date, or when she heard that song, or what happened when that event occurred.

She struggled with her memory until late in life when she found help in the scientific community. They have not been able to change the way her memory functions, but have helped her understand what was happening and how to cope with it.

I found myself really interested in the phenomenon and dove into the book with the hope of finding out more about this woman and the most remarkable memory known to science.

Alas, I found reading more about her struggle in life that may or may not have been due to her memory. The book is classified as "self help" and does go into how she overcame the problems that she faced, including not only self-esteem, but also her love life.

I felt this book would have been more interesting and readable if the author would have spent more time on her unbelieveable memory, the problems this memory caused her, and what the scientists were able to find, especially in regards to what they were able to discover from their studies.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Woman Who Can't Forget.