Zeek's Reviews > Big Bad Beast

Big Bad Beast by Shelly Laurenston

Apr 30, 11

bookshelves: favorites-pnr, favorite-author, romance, pnr, favorite-hero, shifters, kindle
Read from April 28 to 29, 2011

In BBB, Dee Ann Smith, an ex marine frenemy and Dez (the heroine from The Mane Event) join together in a task force to track down the people behind the shifters disappearing and/or being created to fight in the nastiest version of a dogfight you'd ever come upon. But they soon find out they may not want to know- especially when they discover one of the main money sources is none other than one of their very own.

Meanwhile Ric Van Holtz is determined to make the woman he's loved all his life his mate- and it will take all his prodigious charm- and sneakiness- to get her to to his bed. With a little help from his friends- and one teacup poodle- he might just do it.

Well- despite my misgivings over the heroine of this story- I did end up enjoying Big Bad Beast… but that’s probably because a lot of the rest of the packs, prides & clans that populate this series were in it and most definitely because of the charming Ulrich Van Holtz. What brought it down for me was indeed Dee, although I did warm up to her more than I thought would. Still, I found her to be a complaining bitch most of the time (even though Ric said just the opposite about her, weirdly enough), with her worst flaw being the fact she was boring and predictable.

If it wasnt for Bo, Blayne and Lock this book would come in much lower, but, because of them- and Ric!- I would still recommend it to anyone reading the series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Big Bad Beast.

04/28/2011
1.0% "Ric read the Count of Monte Cristo as a kid- my heart just melted. I'm in love." 1 comment
04/28/2011
9.0% "I wasnt sure how I felt about Dee- still not sure- but I have faith Laurenston will make it work for me."
13.0% "ha! Bo & Blayne are still my favorites..." 13 comments
04/28/2011
17.0% """Let's go," Dee said, exhausted just from hearing that stupid story." Ok THAT mad me chuckle for some reason."
04/28/2011
18.0% "omg messin with Bo's locker- ahahaa! I love these boys."
04/28/2011
22.0% "srsly I could care less about catch the baddies plotline- it's getting boring. She needs to keep Ric and Dee together."
04/28/2011
24.0% "Dee chasing the hyenas out the window- funny, Bo giving a list to Ric and Lock that lists how much they suck at hockey. FUNNIER" 2 comments
30.0% "srsly? I dont get this chick. at ALL." 5 comments
04/29/2011
61.0% "Lock still drags Mitch and Bren around w/o even realizing it. L.M.A.O" 2 comments
04/29/2011
62.0% "BO: "But I have a chart" ahahaaaaa he's killing me!"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Julie Still waiting for my copy from Amazon...can't wait to read it, totally love this series...happy reading :)

Saly LOVED Bo and Blayne!!

Catherine I thought it was funny that Ric loved that she didn't dump her problems at his feet, while I thought she was a big complainer.

Zeek Yes exactly! I actually snorted out loud- who's laurenston trying to kid, she did nothing BUT complain!