Elizabeth's Reviews > Systems Analysis and Design Methods

Systems Analysis and Design Methods by Jeffrey L. Whitten

Feb 25, 11

bookshelves: academic-professional
Read on February 25, 2011

Borrowed from the Kresge professional development collection and skimmed for useful content for LIS490TEL's week on systems analysis and design. My impression is that this is intended to be a textbook for BBA/MBA students, and while I can't pass judgement on its efficacy for that purpose, it certainly provided more than enough depth and breadth of content to apply to my little class.

I'm hoping that coming at this content from a business perspective - rather than the often extremely messy framework of libraries - will be useful for my students; it certainly has been for my own purposes. By that I mean - libraries and librarians often have a difficult time balancing their service orientation with the (financial, economic, cost/benefit) bottom line. My impression from my three libraries' worth of experience is that most librarians could benefit from a course - or at least a workshop - in the content covered in this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Systems Analysis and Design Methods.