Andrea Guy's Reviews > 30 Pieces of Silver

30 Pieces of Silver by Carolyn McCray

Mar 01, 11

bookshelves: 2011-reads, mystery
Read from February 25 to 28, 2011

There are some books that really get to you when you read them. This is one of them. It makes you think about your faith. In fact it really makes you think about Christianty and religion on many different levels. Carolyn McCray write a story in the same vein as The DeVinci Code, but there is much more to this...MUCH MUCH More.

There were many times when I read this that I wanted to pull out the Bible and look something up, just because Carolyn's writing felt so real. Her story proposes a real "what if," one that many Christians will probably find difficult to take, but her story is woven so tightly that no matter how much you agree or disagree with it, you'll have to finish every last page.

The story alternated between modern times and the time Jesus walked the earth. Carolyn really balanced the shifts in the story well. Readers are never left hanging in one time period. She also made Judas a very sympathetic character. The plot has him still as Jesus' betrayer, but he's in that role for reasons other than the ones most of us know.

If you liked The DaVinci Code, you definitely want to check this book out. It is phenomenal! I can't begin to say how great this book is, without spoiling it for everyone. Check this book out!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 30 Pieces of Silver.