Paiman's Reviews > The Bronze Horseman

The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons

Feb 25, 2011

Read from February 23 to March 03, 2012

To put feelings and thoughts into words when it comes to this book is difficult. This is one of the most beautiful stories I have read. I still think about it a year after reading it for the first time.

This is not a typical romance, the writing is poetry in motion, vivid and grips you from the start. You feel the hunger the characters go through, the harsh wind from the Russian winter across your face, you feel and believe in the love between the two main characters. The build up is slow and painful, the wanting and waiting is palpable and the payoff unlike anything. The ups and downs that Alexander and Tatiana go through had me up late at nights reading and thinking of these characters. Tatiana and Alexander, with their love and life are still a part of me today, almost a year of finishing the series. It is a rollercoaster of emotions that Paullina makes you go through.

I don’t cry often when reading, and upon finishing The Bronze Horseman on my first read, it was 2am and I was sobbing and shaking as if there was a death in the family. To this day I can still pick up one of the books, turn to any page and lose hours reading. Paullina Simons is truly a gifted writer.

This book will stay with me forever.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bronze Horseman.

02/23/2012 "Re-read coming up!"

Diane Beautiful review! I feel the same way, as you know. This book will stay with me for always and it has become my favorite novel of all time. I have such a strong love and tender feelings for this story! I was crying right along with you. <3

Diane (talldede) I read it two years ago, words cannot describe the feelings it evokes. What a book!