Raquel's Reviews > The Accidental Diva

The Accidental Diva by Tia Williams

Feb 10, 08

I've been finished with this book for a while. It's part of my break from "heavy" reading. IT WAS SO GOOD Y'ALL! The "accidental diva", Billie Burke, lives this very glitzy, very enviable life as a beauty editor for a huge glossy magazine. She's a NYC "it girl". I've tried to resist using this description, but it's the best way to describe her...she's like a Black Carey Bradshaw from Sex in The City, only she's still in her twenties. She's beautiful and stylish, her friends are all really interesting and accomplished, her love interest, Jay, is the perfect good-guy with a dark past, lovable, with so much love to give type guy. Tia Williams created these characters who are sexy--the relationship between Billie and Jay is sexy--this novel is sexy. Their relationship is like, when you meet somebody and you just know they're the one. Sometimes you want to fight it, and you try to fight it, they might even give you a reason to fight it, but it's useless, 'cause they're the one. You are drawn in and introduced to these really cool characters, who ultimately experience great success, in spite of the fact that they've experienced such difficult childhoods involving poverty, drugs, dysfunctional family situations, death and near-death. This was a really entertaining novel. It would make a great movie. It SO has the potential to be the next Love Jones.

I just wish I had discovered this, Tia's first novel, later so I could read her next one immediately. I'm not sure when to expect her second book, but I am certainly looking forward to it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Accidental Diva.