Mathew's Reviews > Always a Witch

Always a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough

M 50x66
Feb 24, 2011

Read in February, 2011

I just finished reading Carolyn MacCullough “Always a Witch” I have to say that I really enjoyed this book as well as the whole series. For a YA series it really catches you and holds on. Tamsin the main character in the series is a believable if a little neurotic in some ways makes you root for her. You want to see her succeeded in her exploits even if at times you groan because you know what she is about to do is only going to make things worse in the long run. But the story really pulls you in and does not let go. The world is very vivid, I really like that when reading a book since it makes it easier to see what is happening in your mind’s eye. This series of books really nails all the intrigue of a teenager’s life. By this I mean the interactions with friends and family members and how sometimes they play off of how they think people will react to their actions.

I have recommended this series to friends and family as well as strangers at work that I have seen reading other paranormal / sci-fi series. Overall I would give this series 4 stars!

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Always a Witch.