Kathy Davie's Reviews > Destiny's Shield

4222001
Feb 24, 2011

bookshelves: action, military, sci-fi
Read in February, 2011

The third in the miltary sci-fi series, Belisarius, Destiny's Shield takes place several months after the coup attempt in Constantinople has failed and opens with the new, young Emperor receiving the Persian ambassador. Turns out, the Malwa have invaded Persia and the Persians are asking for a Roman alliance.

Unfortunately, Egypt's fomenting unrest and it must be subdued while, in Europe, all the border troops are needed so the Persians will just have to be content with a few thousand troops...and Belisarius.

Flint and Drake kept me on the edge of my seat as I raced through. So many times, I had to fight the urge to read the end to be sure who has survived. Fasctinating to see how Antonina deploys her troops in resolving the rebellion in Egypt and Alexandria --- I DO like her! And truly a wonder to observe the interaction between Belisairius and Aide as Belisarius uses the future knowledge of the tactics and weapons of such military leaders as Wellington, Napoleon, Gustav IV Adolphus, etc.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destiny's Shield.