Sarah's Reviews > Unwind

Unwind by Neal Shusterman

Dec 19, 13

bookshelves: books-i-own, read-2011, read-2013
Read from December 15 to 18, 2013

I'd just like you guys to know that this is a reread, so I don't exactly have that big urge to rave about it to everyone anymore ( though I did the first time I read it), but I figured since I've been mentioning it around the blog so much lately I may as well write a review. That being said, I may be making references to the strong way I felt about the book the first time I actually read it.
Unwind is one of those books that will linger for quite some time. It's just so amazing in so many different ways, that even after having read it a few times, I am simply amazed by how wonderful it is. The story begins with a problem. It's not necessarily the type of problem you can fix either, because the problem is this: Connor, Risa, and Lev are all more or less about to die, and there's they can do to nothing to stop it. Of course, they don't actually die (at least not in the beginning!!), because then there wouldn't be a story to tell, would there?
Unwind was so much more than I had expected. That being said, I don't know exactly what I had expected going into the book, but it wasn't the depth and intensity I found. The characters were wonderful, all real and relate-able, and although the story is written in third person, I also loved the writing. It's a book I would definitely recommend, especially to fans of dystopian's, sci-fi's, and anyone looking for a slightly creepy read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unwind.

Quotes Sarah Liked

Neal Shusterman
“Stupid dreams. Even the good ones are bad, because they remind you how poorly reality measures up.”

“Nice socks.”

Neal Shusterman
“Unwinds didn't go out with a bang-they didn't even go out with a whimper. they went out with the silence of a candle flame pinched between two fingers.”

Neal Shusterman
“It's funny how a flame can only burn your hand if you move too slow, you can tease it all you want and it never gets you, if your quick enough.”

Neal Shusterman
“And he thinks that if his soul had a form, this is what it would be. A baby sleeping in his arms.”

04/11/2011 page 144
12/17/2013 marked as: currently-reading
12/19/2013 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jennifer I love this book!! I use it in my Jr./Sr. Reading classes and the kids get totally sucked in!!