Sally's Reviews > The Last Seven Months Of Anne Frank

The Last Seven Months Of Anne Frank by Willy Lindwer

Feb 26, 11

bookshelves: holocaust, concentration-camp, biogs-and-other-true-stories, ww2, holland
Read on February 26, 2011, read count: 1

I bought this two days ago after visiting the Anne Frank Huis in Amsterdam, because I have always been very interested in tales of the Holocaust and have of course read her diary. As a book on its own it was interesting and harrowing, yet more uplifting than some since of course all of the women telling their stories had survived the concentration camps. However, I thought the title was a bit misleading because it was not about the last seven months of Anne's life at all. It was seven months (sometimes more) in the lives of these other women, who caught glimpses of Anne or maybe stood next to her... but as one woman said, "Look, I didn't pay any special attention to them [Anne and Margot] because there were so many others (who also died)." Which is so true. They were just two more girls amongst so many; at that time, nobody knew that Anne Frank's name would be the one remembered out of all those in the camp.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Seven Months Of Anne Frank.