Anna's Reviews > Pretty Tough

Pretty Tough by Nicole Leigh Shepherd

Feb 24, 2011

bookshelves: family-issues, friends, realistic-fiction, series, romance, sisters, four-stars

Charlie and Krista are sisters but couldn't be more different. Krista is blonde and popular, whereas Charlie is brunette and hasn't had one single friend since her old best friend basically told the whole caf that she was a lesbian. When Charlie is recruited for their school's soccer team, Krista couldn't get any madder than she was - and when Charlie and her make the team, Krista couldn't be any more furious when their new coach.

Will Charlie and Krista be able to put aside their differences to lead their team to states?

Pretty Tough was a really good book. I had never heard about it before until I was on Liz Tigelaar's myspace and thought, "Wow. That book looks really good." I don't know much about soccer, but I understood everything that happened in the book. It's mainly about soccer, so it was a major part of the book that I understood.

Even though soccer was a main part of the book, it was also about family bonding. Krista and Charlie hate each other at the beginning of the book. Then, when they both make the soccer team and learn to work together, it's a major accomplishment for them, which is very clear with the author's writing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretty Tough.