Cas Peace's Reviews > A Knight of Silence

A Knight of Silence by Candace C. Bowen

Nov 18, 11

Read from November 10 to 18, 2011

The intrigues and insecurities of medieval court life form the background to this very readable novel. King Henry 1 of England, the Conqueror’s son, takes advantage of a noblewoman’s disability when he forces her to spy on Geoffrey of Anjou, suitor of the Empress Matilda.

Rescued from a silent, futile life in a convent by a man unable to love, deaf Reina is abruptly torn from her new husband’s side and plunged into a precarious existence at court, shunned by hostile nobles and scorned by the shallow court ladies. Her husband Fulke, Baron Erlegh, is her only hope, but can he overcome his frozen heart? Is his wife’s love sufficient motive to commit treason, and forfeit all that he has?

Author Candace Bowen Early wields a sure pen as she leads us through this tale of love, loyalty, betrayal and suspense. A Knight of Silence is a great read which will appeal to lovers of both historical and romantic novels. I eagerly await her next book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Knight of Silence.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Candace C. Bowen Thank you SO much, Cas. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. :)

message 2: by Cas (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cas Peace No problem, Candace! I've also posted on both Amazons, plus B&N.
xx