Bex's Reviews > A Girl's Guide to Vampires

A Girl's Guide to Vampires by Katie MacAlister

Feb 24, 2011

Read from February 22 to 24, 2011

am so happy that I took the chance and purchased "A Girl's Guide to Vampires" as I've never read any previous novels by Katie MacAlister.
This novel was not only a good read, it is filled with humor, mystery, danger and to top it off, it's a wonderful love story - and it simply offers a little of everything to the reader. The characters, Joy, Raphael, Christian and Roxy jumped off the pages in living color into my world and my heart. You truly care about what happens to each of them. The characters in this novel demonstrate exactly how much they are willing to sacrifice for love.

The only problem I had with this novel, "was Joy really was Christian's "Beloved""? I say this because the feelings she initially had towards Raphael were the emotions evoked by Christian but since she saw Raphael first and not Christian those feelings were directed towards Raphael and she ended up with him and not the man she was destined to be with. I know she had a choice and although I loved Joy and Raphael together, I still feel a deep sadness for Christian as he was amazing and a true gentlemen but I still sort of wished it was he who ended up with Joy regardless of her being damned as foretold my Miranda. The characters in this novel demonstrate exactly how much they are willing to sacrifice for love.

Regardless of how the story ends, it was still a sensational one that you don't want to miss out on. I loved this novel and also the author who has done an excellent job with this particular work.

In closing, I guess we'll find out more about Christian with the continuation "Sex and the Single Vampire". If you haven't had the opportunity to read Katie MacAlister take a chance as this author is definitely going places.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Girl's Guide to Vampires.

Kirsty~Vhixen the Dark Ones books are good, but you should check out her Dragon novels...those are great. as always with all of her books..it's sexy and funny...she writes that so well...enjoy this series :-)

message 2: by Bex (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bex Aww kool thanks for that :) will definitely check them out.

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin This sounds cool, nice review

message 4: by Bex (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bex :) thanks...yeah im enjoying the books so far!

message 5: by Erin (new)

Erin What about the 'you slay me' books, have you read those?

message 6: by Bex (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bex No not yet but they have been recommended to me and ill definitely check them out when i can...too many books and not enough time :)

message 7: by Bex (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bex Ive heard the "you slay me" books are even better than the 'dark ones'

message 8: by Erin (new)

Erin Yeah, I heard the same, and I have so many library books right now

message 9: by Bex (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bex Lol not enough hours in the day

Kirsty~Vhixen yes...the Dragon books are better than the Dark Ones, lol...but you have to read them in order. first the 4 Aisling Grey ones (Green Dragon)...then the 3 Silver Dragon ones...and then the Light Dragon ones (there's only one so far..next one's due out in may)...enjoy :-) and keep me posted!

message 11: by Bex (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bex Cool thanks for that :)