Kelly's Reviews > Blood Bound

251943
Mar 18, 11

bookshelves: 2011-favorites, read-in-2011, physical-books, urban-fantasy
Read from March 15 to 18, 2011

After finishing this book I tried to pin down what it is about this series that is capturing me so completely. I thought about it. I thought about it a little more. By the end of my think-session I had a mental list that wasn't nearly as long as I thought it would be. Which, quite naturally, got me thinking some more.

There's no single thing about this series that stands out for me as the reason I like it so much. I love the characters (literally, all of them. Straight on down to the bad guy). I love the worldbuilding. I like the werewolves. I like the vampires. I like... everything. There's something about the world as a whole that flat out works for me.

That said, the story didn't disappoint. I had a point where I was on the edge of my seat (and I can't stress how weird that was since I was lying down at the time!) because I was sure that every single character that I adored was going to be killed. All at once. In one fell swoop. They were all going to die horribly and I'd become a blubbery, weeping mess and throw my book at the wall. Fortunately that didn't happen, but I did have that moment of doubt.

The entire book expanded the world in leaps and bounds. It deepened the secondary characters to the point that I couldn't imagine ANY of them not being around in the next installment. It delved into the politics of the vampires, the duties of an Alpha, and the powers that Mercy is slowly learning about.

In the end, I still can't put my finger on exactly what makes this series so fun. I just know that the next few books won't be lingering long on my shelf.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Bound.