Julie's Reviews > Through the Wall

Through the Wall by Keri Ford

Apr 20, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read in February, 2011

What a fun and quick story this was! I read about it on Jen’s blog Not Now…I’m Reading! and was immediately drawn to the idea behind the story. You have Stephanie, recently divorced and looking for a few non-vanilla nights in bed. Basically, she wants some wild and raunchy sex. She feels that Parker would be the perfect candidate for this. Why does she feel that way? Because she’s witnessed his previous ‘encounters’ and these ‘encounters’ have been very um…vocal. No, she’s not a voyeur or anything creepy like that. You see, Stephanie’s apartment is right next door to Parker’s apartment…and their bedrooms are back to back.

Parker was Stephanie’s ex-husbands best friend. They are no longer buddies because just as the bastard was deceiving Stephanie, he was deceiving Parker. Stephanie and Parker turned to each other for support and friendship. They eat breakfast together almost every day, they work together and they even go out together. But it has all been strictly platonic…until now. Stephanie doesn’t feel as though she wants a relationship with Parker – she just wants fun sex. But Parker has other things in mind. He’s been patiently waiting for Stephanie to be ready to date again because he wants her. But he wants more than just sex – he wants all she has to offer.

Yeah…right there…awkward situation. But it all plays out very well. I really enjoyed how Keri Ford wrote these two characters. Through the Wall is a very short little story yet I felt a connection to these two. And there is a little scene in the kitchen at breakfast time that had me giggling the whole way though. Really really funny.

Through the Wall is the first in Keri’s ‘Uninhibited in Apple Trail Arkansas’ series. The series’ name makes me grin…and this book makes me want to check out the rest of the series. Only three books available so far though. The second book, On the Fence, was released in February 2011 and In the Hay was released this week! I quite enjoyed Keri’s writing voice, the story was cute and the lovin’ was steamy. Overall a good read when you are in the mood to read an entire story in one sitting…and *blush* a little while you’re doing so.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Through the Wall.