Donovan's Reviews > The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane

The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe

Mar 16, 11

Read from February 23 to March 09, 2011

Was just sent this in the mail from a penpal. It's not a bad book, it's just not a particularly good one. It falls into the category of "books I would read while on vacation" This is better than a Dan Brown, but it was never deep enough to do more than get one's feet wet. I suppose it could be a situation where I already know a great deal about colonial American life and witchcraft/folklore in general and therefore, didn't get any new info from the book that someone without my particular interests would. Also, I could've cared less about the romance for certain. I was hoping that Katherine Howe would turn out to be related to James Howe {author of Bunnicula}, but I didn't see any evidence of that in the bio at the back. So if you're at the airport, about to get on a plane to an island destination, and you just finished your book and you like history and witchcraft, I can recommend it. It requires nothing of you but your time and you only need one hand to drink a mai tai.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane.