Jess Rhodes's Reviews > House

House by Frank Peretti

Feb 23, 11

bookshelves: 2010, add-to-bookshelf
Read on January 01, 2010, read count: 2

This book…where do I start? "House" is a thriller, Christian novel about two couples that get stuck and end up at a B&B, like the majority of horror/thriller cliché's there's a wacko waiting for them. The difference between "House" and the majority of the horror/thrillers out there is that Ted and Frank have this way of writing and phrasing things to make it seem like you're actually in the book with them.

I found myself constantly looking over my shoulder and making sure to walk carefully near the edges of beds. No way was I going to become a victim of that creep-o. The idea itself is pretty cool, I've seen all the classics, and I've even read and skimmed a lot of the classics – but I loved how the main focus wasn't on the (can't remember his name) the killer, it was on the house, the victims and the owners of the B&B. These days you pick up any thriller/horror book and the killer is let loose and BAM that's it.

Ted and Frank really shook things up with "House" and although I thought some parts could have been better, I really enjoyed this book and I really got sucked into it. It's definitely on my list of books that I need in my life forever.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read House.