JazzRizz's Reviews > Water Bound

F_50x66
Mar 02, 11

bookshelves: 2011, library, listened-to-audiobook
Read from February 23 to March 01, 2011

** spoiler alert ** As with any "first" book in a series, there are bumps and hiccups that go along with setting up the rest of the series. Thankfully, there's not much to set up for this series, as Sea Haven is a well established setting, with characters recongnizable from the Drake Sisters series.

I'm still a little unsure where this series is going though. Are the "Sisters of the Heart" meant to hook up with the six Prakenskii brothers? I hope so, because I really like Ilya and Lev :)

I love how the story starts at the same time Sea Storm is ending. Rikki is such a unique character for a romance book. I know very little about Autistic behavior, so this book was very enlightening. While she has a mild case, her struggles are very real.

While Lev could have been a cookie cutter mold of Feehan's typical male-dominate characters, a nasty bump on the head & a case of amnesia tempered some of that alpha tendencies. I really enjoyed that he fought training and focused on new-found emotions to guide his actions.

I loved the electrical palm synge between the two of them. I have a feeling that's a Prakenskii thing. The connection Rikki & Lev has is so sweet and amazing. I loved the build up of trust, had they jumped in bed together in the first 100 pages . . . it would have totally ruined the book for me.

There wasn't as much "action" in this book. There were a couple of dramatic moments though.

I'm hoping . . . if this turns out to be a Prakenskii brothers series . . . that there will be interaction between Lev & Ilya . . . and Jackson & Lev. That story arc really left me hanging!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Water Bound.