Donna {Book Passion for Life}'s Reviews > The Power of Six

The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore

Feb 23, 2011

bookshelves: arc, from-publishers, for-review, ya-dystopian-scifi-thriller
Read from August 14 to 17, 2011

"I was just thinking that, out of the four of us, three are aliens, two are fugitives with terrorist ties, and not a single one of us has a valid driver's licence. Something tells me things might get interesting."

Whoooo! Before I start this review, can I just say that Lore absolutely smashed ‘I am Number Four’ out of the park with this! The Power of Six is an absolutely fantastic sequel that has left me dying to know to more.

The Power of Six is told from alternate point of views. We’re introduced to a new character, Marina who is Number Seven and of course, we’re back with John who is Number Four. The story starts with Marina who slowly tells us her story and then we’re taken to John, Six & Sam whose journey has only just begun.

While on the run from the police and Mogadorians, John and the gang try to figure out what to do next and where to go. All they know is they need to try and find the other remaining Aliens but it’s sure going to be a dangerous and bumpy ride. On the other side of the world, Marina is also trying to find a way to get to Ohio because she believes John is like her but with her Cepán that has chosen God over Lorien, Marina is left to figure things out on her own…..and it’s not easy.

I’ll be honest when I say, I’m not a huge fan of Sci-Fi but Lore has created such an amazing and addictive series that I’m absolutely hooked with the story of Lorien. I find myself mesmerised by the whole world of the Lorien and the Legacies. When I think I’m completely amazed by Lore’s imagination and creative story-telling, something else will pop up and I’m again left amazed and completely stunned. The descriptions used are imaginable and leave us readers really picturing what life is like to be a member of Lorien and I for one didn’t think The Power of Six would be as good as the first book but boy, am I glad to be wrong.

The story itself is fast, intense and exciting. Our characters are taken on a whirlwind of a journey which is action packed, thrilling and of course, dangerous. We finally find out some truths about Lorien and the second ship but there are also a few other events that will leave you shocked and begging to know more. The twists and turns through-out managed to surprise me all the way through; some were expected and some weren’t but the story develops at such a rapid speed that you can’t help but try to slow down so you don’t plough through too quickly. Could I slow down? Hell no! I was dying to get this book finished because it was just impossible to put down and I was certainly left disappointed that I’d finished it so soon. Seriously, I NEED MORE!!!!

Were introduced to some new characters and all of them were a fantastic addition. Marina is superb and I loved finding out her story but there are also some surprise character’s that pop up that I’m really looking forward to getting to know too. Now Sarah, John’s girlfriend, is pretty missing from most of the book and I honestly didn’t even miss her. I was a huge fan of the whole Sarah/John romance in the first book but now Six is here and the attraction and connection between John and Six is undeniable. I’m now rooting for them to be together. I think they’d make an awesome couple.

Overall, Lore doesn’t disappoint with The Power of Six. It’s an intense and action packed sequel that has something for everyone. If you haven’t read this series, start it because I’m know you’ll love it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Power of Six.

08/14/2011 page 3
08/16/2011 page 105
30.0% 2 comments
08/17/2011 page 185
53.0% "So good!" 2 comments
08/17/2011 page 240
68.0% "So want John & Six to get together!"
show 2 hidden updates…

message 1: by Amber (new) - added it

Amber Excellent review Donna. Looking forward to reading this as well. I really enjoyed the first book.

Donna {Book Passion for Life} I loved it Amber! So good! Let me know what you think :)

Neha I loved it too!! I couldn't stop until midnight reading this, soo thrilling and full of surprises! Plus, it also makes my belief stronger in the existence of aliens. I mean c'mon, there's such a big big universe with millions of galaxies, and each galaxy got millions of solar systems, and only We Exist??? Thats damn wrong!!

Anyways, back to the novel, seven is my favorite now :)!! And ella too, i loved her power of ages! if i would be her, i would be 18 forever <3!!

Donna {Book Passion for Life} Wait till you read book three then Neha...it's amazing!

Neha I guess so, good thing in third one is, number 8 is from india...my place :D...im desperately waiting for what would happen next..more actions..more secrets?