ElaineY's Reviews > Saying I Do

Feb 25, 11

did not like it
bookshelves: mm, sequel-or-prequel-true
Read from February 23 to 25, 2011 — I own a copy

No plot. Just pages and pages of repetitive sex between Rhone and Adam who already had their book in Finding Home. The only 'event' is that involving a minor character, Wes, and his abusive relationship with the hotel concierge, Jared. Again, no development here, the scenes just dropped in when Rhone and Adam take a short break from sex. I skimmed through all the sex pages to get to parts that told the story. These couldn't fill a page.

I bought this book thinking it's where Logan and Nate, the MCs of the next book, Breaking Logan's Laws, meet but I was wrong. Both men only make a brief appearance towards the end of the book and don't even have any face time together.

To say I was disappointed with this installment is an understatement. On a good note, though: I started Breaking Logan's Laws last night and so far so good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saying I Do.

ElaineY I was about to start Quinn Security #4 when I discovered Logan & Nate are from I Do - which I didn't want to read as I post-HEA couples do not interest me. But I went and bought this as I want to know how Logan and Nate first met.

ElaineY This is the most boring story I've read this year:( Once I get to where Logan and Nate look like they could hook up (or at least there's some interest) I can ditch this book and move on to Book 4. That's categorized as 'Suspense' so it should be 'safe'.

message 3: by DL (new)

DL Shoot, I didn't even remember that I read this until I read your review. Yes, it was a very boring book. I liked the first book but didn't love it.

ElaineY Dlee wrote: "Shoot, I didn't even remember that I read this until I read your review. Yes, it was a very boring book. I liked the first book but didn't love it."

The latest, Breaking Logan's Laws, is much better. More the CD I used to like though I did find the sex scene way too long and over-extended.