Annika's Reviews > Midnight Man

Midnight Man by Lisa Marie Rice

Feb 26, 11

bookshelves: erotic-romance
Read from February 22 to 24, 2011

Fast paced read with very likable hero and heroin. I started this book because I need to treat myself once in a while to a pure alpha male and the book delivered. Even better than expected. Despite the hero being pure alpha he was no jerk and treated the heroin like spun glas! The author exploits the very basics of a man/woman relationship which culminates in a very primeaval ending. Which is in it's way quite satisfying.
I actually liked that the heroin was somebody normal. Yes, I do like strong heroins but they are often not "real". Suzanne comes across as normal - someone who is not used to dangerous situations might react just as she does and ends up all shaking of fear, locked up somewhere, praying and hopeing that someone comes in time to her rescue.
I found it a bit repetitive - this relates mainly to the sexual tension between H/h. They have an encounter in the very beginning and till their next one they are going over their desire this encounter several times. Which takes up a good part of the book and is a tad repetitive.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Man.