Susie's Reviews > Water for Elephants

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

Apr 27, 12

bookshelves: audiobook, americana
Read from December 19, 2011 to April 27, 2012

It was a nice time waster. I listened to it in the car, and they hired two actors of very different ages to be the narrator Jacob Jankowski as a young man and as a REALLY old man. They both did an admirable job, although the old guy struggled for breath on the long sentences. I don't consider this brilliant, but it held my attention, had some interesting bits and some fun characters, but I was kind of happy when it was finished. I borrowed this from the library and someone put a hold on it while I had it out the first time, so I had to return it and wait a while before I could finish it. I don't think I lost anything in the one month interval. I enjoyed the stories of the supporting characters a little bit more than the Jacob/Marlena/August story, to be fair, and was a little disappointed that those couldn't have been tied up in a different way. I think I'll rent the movie. It should be very pretty visually.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Water for Elephants.