Cindy's Reviews > Hallowed

Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

Feb 14, 13

bookshelves: favorites, amazing-angel-stories, chemistry-a-plenty, swoon-worthy-heroes, tortured-heroes, unforgettable-heroines
Read from November 05, 2011 to February 14, 2013

I just feel like I was wrapped around Cynthia Hand's little pinkie and spun around and flung off,such was the emotional roller-coaster ride I have been on. Wow is all I can think to say, I just finished and the emotions are running high. This second book in the Unearthly series was perfect for me. It feels like a bridge book, Unearthly set up everything, characters, and purpose, but nothing is really explained. However in Hallowed we get a lot of answers to just about all the questions you could think you possibly might of had concerning Unearthly. I really loved that about this book and it also made it near impossible to put down. I kept thinking what more could possible be revealed, and then wow okay didn't see that coming. It makes me excited to to see what the third book has in-store for us the reader.
Like I said before this was very emotionally intense read, it made me laugh, but mostly cry, the author has such away with writing these emotionally rich scenes, that will have you coming undone. The writing was just amazing! It was so good to be back with Clara, Tucker, Angela and Christian. Tucker, Tucker,Tucker he is so the perfect guy. I love his strong masculine, farmer, tough guy when needs to be, but gentle and so understanding of Clara, and vulnerable. Perfect! I loved all the amazing scenes with him and Clara they were awesomeness. I was glad they had each other which makes me so team Tucker... but then there is the other amazing guy Christian, and wow I really learned to appreciate and get him in this book. I see how good, strong, confident, and attuned to Clara he is, so then I feel like I want to be team Christian. I think I like them both, boy I am glad I am not Clara decisions, decisions. I also really liked the family dynamics in this story they were portrayed very realistically. We have all had moments with our parents when we are frustrated and visa versa but in the end we are family and we love each other. That was portrayed nicely I thought in this story.
Hollowed has left me spinning and wanting more. It was richly written and woven masterfully. I felt like I was there with them watching their world/story unfold before my eye's and I was glad I could be apart of it all. So good!

language LNV few times
romance clean one scene not appropriate but no details

Copy provided by netgalley and Harperteen publishing. Thank you! November 17, 2012
reread Feb. 14, 2013
11 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hallowed.

11/06/2011 page 320
100.0% "OH WOW!"

Wendy Darling Congratulations, Cindy! :)

Sandy Yay, Cindy!

Cindy Thanks!! I am so excited, went to try and download and my kindle is giving me fits. Of all the possible times for problems, gesh why now!

message 4: by Heidi (new)

Heidi That's great Cindy I can't wait to hear yournp thoughts I unfortunately am stuck waiting until January.

Isabel Lucky!!!! :P

Cindy I do feel very lucky, thanks! It is really good so far. I really like Tucker he is sooooo awesome, but a part of me is enchanted with Christian. MEN!!:D

Isabel I love Tucker! <3

Cindy :D

Colette You're the luckiest girl in the world!

Cindy It was really awesome Colette, I hope you will get to read it soon not to much longer and it will be out. I do feel really lucky, and really grateful!

Isabel Is there going to be a third book?

Sandy There will be a third book and maybe even a fourth.

Isabel Eeek! I'll have to look them up now. ;)

Cindy really a fourth! that would be great!

Wendy Darling I'm so glad you loved it, Cindy! I'm nervous because I'm starting to see people who aren't enjoying it as much, but I am with you--firmly in the FANTASTIC camp. :)

Isabel Are you kidding me? I literally DREAMED about this book last night, that's how obsessed I am with reading it. ;)

Cindy Wendy I noticed the same thing, I guess people will love or hate it. I am in the LOVE, FANTASIC CAMP too! Great story wish we didn't have to wait another year for the next one. Sandy said there might even be a book four, I sure hope so if its done as well as the first two.:)

Isabel, I know I can't stop thinking about it. What will happen next?

Isabel Not too long to wait now! Kind of...

Cindy Isabel you make me smile with your optimism:D

Isabel Well. That's why I'm here! ;)

Heather Great review! I'm anxiously awaiting mine in the mail and your review makes me even more excited to get started on it!

Cindy Thanks! It is really good, I hope you enjoy it. Look forward to chatting with you about it. Cross fingers it's in the mail today for you:D

Isabel I ordered this today, Cindy. :)

Heather Cindy wrote: "Thanks! It is really good, I hope you enjoy it. Look forward to chatting with you about it. Cross fingers it's in the mail today for you:D"

It WAS in the mail today!:D

Cindy Isabel wrote: "I ordered this today, Cindy. :)"

You will love it, it was soooooooo AMAZING! can't wait to chat with you.:)

Cindy Heather wrote: "Cindy wrote: "Thanks! It is really good, I hope you enjoy it. Look forward to chatting with you about it. Cross fingers it's in the mail today for you:D"

It WAS in the mail today!:D"

Go read, read, read lol! It is good, let me know what you think:D

Isabel Cindy: Eek, can't wait! Hoping it will arrive tomorrow :)

Cindy I hope so too! :P