Jacqueline's Reviews > Heat of Passion

Heat of Passion by Elle Kennedy

Feb 22, 11

bookshelves: borrowed-kindle-reads, contemporary-romance, novella, seals-spec-ops-mercs
Read on February 22, 2011

The only reason this didn't get 5 stars from me was because it was too short. I'm not typically one to deduct stars when I go in knowing it's a novella but here I have a reason which I'll get to later.

I really liked it. I thought the guys in it seemed like real guys. I liked the guy tone of their conversations etc. I really liked the hero. I thought it was a lovely thing to read about a regular guy who was ready to settle down. Regular for a hot SEAL any way. He seemed very realistic. She was not as well developed but wasn't bad. She just needed more screen time I think. The story was well written and tightly written. Absolutely nothing there that didn't need to be there for the novella. This is where the missing star comes into play. If this great relationship story had been filled out and combined with some spec ops action I would have been in hog heaven. In my opinion this author judging from this story needs to be writing full length romantic suspense/SEAL romances. I will definitely read more by this author.

Thanks melissaB for loaning it to me.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heat of Passion.