Ezmirelda's Reviews > The Goddess Test

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

Mar 12, 11

bookshelves: 2011-debut-author-challenge, arc, romance, the-creme-de-la-creme, 2011
Read from February 22 to 25, 2011

You can also find this review on my blog here

Release Date: April 19th, 2011
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Author: Aimee Carter

Debut novelist Aimee Carter wrote an enticing novel that revolves around the Greek myth of Persephone. For those of you who don’t know about Persephone the story goes that Hades, the God of the Underworld, abducts Persephone and makes her Queen of the Underworld. But then she eats some seeds so that half the year (during the spring and summer) she stays with her mother, and the other half the year (during the fall and winter) she goes back to the underworld with Hades.

I loved how Kate was always so concerned about her mother, making sure that her last days alive were spent in the best way possible. I loved the tortured soul of Henry, and his grief over Persephone. I also really enjoyed reading about the way Kate and Henry’s romance grew throughout the book. The twists are hard to see coming, so I was surprised at every turn. My only complaint about The Goddess Test was in the character development. I felt like there was something missing in the characters, particularly Henry. Maybe the ‘something’ that was missing will be revealed in the next book in the series.

I really loved the ending of this book. It was shocking and leaves you wanting more. The Goddess Test was the most un-put-downable book I’ve read in awhile so I would definitely recommend that you head to the bookstore when this comes out this April.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Goddess Test.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) OMG! how did ya get this book!? :(

Ezmirelda Saniya wrote: "OMG! how did ya get this book!? :("

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Ezmirelda wrote: "Saniya wrote: "OMG! how did ya get this book!? :("

courtesy of netgalley. You can sign up for it on their website if you keep a blog."

ohk :D thanks!^^

ohk :D thanks!^^

Ezmirelda Saniya wrote: "Ezmirelda wrote: "Saniya wrote: "OMG! how did ya get this book!? :("

ohk :D thanks!^^"

If you need more info let me know. :)