Christy (TheReaderBee)'s Reviews > Angel Burn

Angel Burn by L.A. Weatherly

2201617
Mar 05, 2011

bookshelves: arcs-for-review, ya-series, read-in-2011, young-adult-fiction, angels, ya-fantasy, ya-paranormal
Read from February 22 to 27, 2011

Review on my blog- http://readerbee.blogspot.com/2011/03...

Willow is blonde, beautiful and 16. She's nowhere near you average teenage girl though. Besides her love of mechanics, she also has a gift. She has the ability to know a person’s past and future with just a touch. She doesn't know why she has this gift, only that it's there. Alex is an Angel Killer. He has been trained to see the angels' for what they really are, evil. He and his fellow Angel Killers travel around the country to kill these Angels in an attempt to stop them from destroying human life. When he's sent to 'take care of' Willow, he sees that she's not like other angels, and that something just isn't right. Vowing to protect Willow at whatever costs, they race across the country to New Mexico in hopes of finding fellow Angel Killers, so they can save the world. The last thing they expect is to fall in love along the way.
Angel Burn is an absolutely fabulous book! I don't have much experience with angel books yet, so this book was something totally new for me. The plot was well thought out, and absolutely wonderful. I was kept guessing, in suspense, right up until the end. Full of surprises, action and a quite a bit of romance, Angel Burn will leave you hooked, and wanting more!

The main characters in the story are well developed. I really like Willow. She's kind natured and strong willed. I love that she likes to work on cars. That totally sounds like me when I was that age. She loves her mom more than anything, and cares about her friends and the people around her more than she probably should. (I didn't really care for her BFF in this book.) I really liked Willow, and was rooting for her the whole time. Alex is strong and determined, smart and really totally hot. (Strong, silent type. My fave!) He's determined to rid the world of the angels'. Towards the middle of the book we get to see a softer side of him. I really enjoyed their interactions, and watching their relationship grow.

The angels' are the bad guys. Their world is dying, and there are no resources there to keep them alive. So they come to earth, and steal the life force from humans. This feeding is called Angel Burn, and it can be deadly to humans. I can't even imagine what the world would be like if this really happened. Scary!

Overall, this book was a really great read. Different than a lot of books out there, and that's just what I needed! I can't to read the second book in the trilogy!

A HUGE thank you to Candlewick Press and NetGalley for allowing me to read and review Angel Burn!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel Burn.

02/26/2011 page 176