Angie's Reviews > Wyoming Brides: Denim and Diamonds / The Wyoming Kid

Jun 22, 11

bookshelves: other-romance
Read from June 20 to 21, 2011

Synopsis: "Denim and Diamonds:
Rancher Chase Brown has always loved Letty Ellison, but nine years ago she left their small Wyoming town, searching for a different kind of life. Now she’s come home to Red Springs with her dreams in tatters—and a five-year-old child in tow. She’s ready to trade the false glitter of Hollywood for the true happiness of being a rancher’s wife. Chase’s wife. But is it too late?

The Wyoming Kid:
Rancher Lonny Ellison is an ex-rodeo cowboy who’s used to the adulation of women. But that’s something he doesn’t get from Joy Fuller. In fact, they argue constantly. His sister, Letty, says it’s because he’s interested in Joy…and Lonny figures she’s right. Can he convince Joy that marriage to the Wyoming Kid will be as exciting as an eight-second bull ride and as sweet as the cookies she likes to bake?"

My Review: I had a lot of fun reading this book. Both stories were fast reads and easily relatable. It was almost painful to watch the struggling relationship between Chase and Letty in Denim and Diamonds and almost comical watching the changes to Lonny in The Wyoming Kid. I loved all the characters, they reminded me of my time in Wyoming and that cowboys really are that stubborn (not to mention the women)! Macomber really caught the feeling of small town Wyoming living and her description of the people and events that take place in town almost made me a little home sick. I really enjoyed both these romances. I am really looking forward to reading the Dakota trilogy waiting on my shelves now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wyoming Brides.

06/21/2011 page 149