Jennifer's Reviews > Heartburn

Heartburn by Nora Ephron

Feb 22, 11

Read in January, 2011

Heartburn tells the story of a woman while in her second marriage realizes that her husband has been having an affair while she is seven months pregnant. It is stated at the start of this book that this story is not entirely fiction and her now ex husband went to the extreme of having a court order put against Nora Ephron to ensure she could not write about him or their children again.
I can think of no better revenge then to tell the story to the world about how he betrayed her. But this book also tell the story of how a woman in that position copes. It is somewhat light hearted and funny in many regards. In the book the main character is a cookbook writer and there are many tasty recipes throughout. It explains the battle that happens to a woman in her position when she finds out such devastating news. It's not always as simple as leaving the person that you are with especially if children are involved. I am fortunate to never have been in such a position and I have to say even though she tried to make this story funny I really felt for her.
Not only did this book help her personally but it paved the way for Nora Ephron to become the screen/film writer we know her as today.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heartburn.