Paul Pessolano's Reviews > The Middle Place

The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan

Feb 22, 11

First off, there are many, maybe all of us, who should read this book. The book is about cancer and survival, but it could be about any number of diseases that afflict us. The real story is how we cope with out affliction, how we let it affect us and those around us, especially our families.

Kelly Corrigan tells her story of growing up in an Irish family. A family not unlike most families. She tells of the pain, sorrow, and fun that all families go through. She also tells how her family pulled together to get through both the good and bad times and the tremendous influence her father, George, had on their lives.

Kelly married and became the mother of two girls, Georgia and Claire. She had a wonderful husband, Edward, who had a good job, and life was oh so wonderful until....

While showering Kelly felt a lump on her breast, a good reason to practice self-breast examination. After tests, Kelly is given the devastating news that she does have breast cancer. To make matters worse, she also finds out that her father has prostate cancer.

Kelly now realizes that she has been living in "The Middle Place". The middle place, being that time in your life when you are caught between adolsecence and adulthood. Kelly is now faced with growing up, and must do it in the context of being a mother, daughter, wife, and sister. She also knows that dealing with her and her father's cancer has brought her to this middle place.

This book us so very readable. It is written for everyone, not just those who are going through a life tragedy. It is inspiring and uplifting. It treats cancer a s disease that must be dealt with, and gives the reader hope regardless of the ultimate outcome.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Middle Place.