Chrissy's Reviews > I'd Choose You

I'd Choose You by John Trent

Feb 22, 11

bookshelves: netgalley, read-in-2011
Read in February, 2011

The author of I'd Choose You begins with a short explanation of how he and his wife bless their children each and every day to remind them that they are chosen, in love, not only by God but by their own parents as well. He briefly explains the value of expressing hope for a positive future for the child, speaking in words of praise and affirmation, and giving both physical and verbal attention each and every day.

Then, the author segways into I'd Choose You, a picture book intended as a parable for young children in order to remind them that they are always chosen by God (and mom and dad) even in the very worst of times.

So Norbert the elephant had a super bad day at school. Everything went wrong, and the fifth grades started a rumor that he was dating a (literal) hippo. Nobert came home to mom, expressing that nothing went right and everything was a mess. This was (to date) the worst day of Norbert's life.

After having Norbert guess who mom would choose as her child, were she given the choice, she finally reminds Norbert that he is her only choice. And God also chooses Norbert. Oh yeah, and the hippo.

The illustrations were nice and the book did a pretty good job of conveying the heartfelt message in such a way that very young children could easily grasp the content.

(I read this book on Netgalley)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'd Choose You.