Books-treasureortrash's Reviews > Witness in Death

liked it
bookshelves: reviewed
Read in January, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 2

Book Review: 2 Treasure Boxes

The Banter between Eve and Roake is fun to read. I also like Eve's self-talk. Eve is tough, smart and focused yet she also is tender-hearted, especially in how she deals with women who have been abused. Her past affects her and is brought into the front of her mind whenever her current case triggers it. In this book, the discovered incest between the victim and his daughter is a sure trigger and Eve's reaction is heart-wrenching. It is really sweet when she turns to Roake and he knows just how to help and comfort her. The story builds well and it has a few twists along the way. It is interesting to read the final conclusion and find out who really killed the bastard.

This is a standalone book but I am sure that if you read it you would be quickly reading the other books in the series. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about strong female lead characters and enjoys a suspense story. The story is well written and enjoyable. I also recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about a bit of romance since there is a fair bit of this as well as some hot sex scenes between Eve and Roake.

For my full review go to: http://books-treasureortrash.com/?p=1509
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Witness in Death.