Mogsy (MMOGC)'s Reviews > Fool Moon

Fool Moon by Jim Butcher

Feb 21, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: paranormal, urban, shapeshifters, magic, witches-and-wizards
Read from March 11 to 16, 2011

Dresden Files #1 Storm Front was a strong start, so I was very much looking forward to this one, but it just didn't quite grab me. This was a relatively short novel, but since it didn't hold me, I kept being distracted and putting it down. As a result, it took me much too long to finish this.

The story was good, but something still felt missing. It almost felt to me like Jim Butcher wanted to tell a werewolf story, but didn't have all the pieces quite together before he went and tackled writing this novel. It simply lacked the "oomph" I'd experienced from the first book, and what I'd expected from this book.

Still, I wouldn't say I was disappointed. Fool Moon just felt...average. It's not stopping me from continuing with the series, however. I'm reading the third book now and it has already sunk its hooks into me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fool Moon.

05/08/2016 marked as: read

Rebecca (agirlirlblog, bekkilyn) Strangely, I liked this one a bit better than the first one. I'm not sure if it's because it had werewolves in it, or if perhaps because I was more used to Harry Dresden and some of the others as characters, but it did keep my attention.

I just got Dresden Files #3 from the library today, so I'll be reading it very soon too!

message 2: by Josephine (new) - added it

Josephine I'm having a hard time wanting to pick it back up to keep going. Murphy is really annoying me for some reason, and Dresden is still awkward.