Sunflower's Reviews > Delirious: My Journey with the Band, a Growing Family, and an Army of Historymakers

Delirious by Martin Smith

Feb 21, 2011

bookshelves: 2011-book-reviews, audra-jennings-of-b-b-media, first-wild-card-tour

In the first chapter, Martin Smith, shares the following,

"There are many, many times when I feel as though I just don’t know how to do this thing called compassion when there’s so much geography in the way. All those old temptations to go back to normal. But Anna and I have come so far down a new track that I’m not so sure I remember what “normal” looks like. I don’t think we can ever really go back to life being our own again.

So here we are, at the start of this book. Read it, and you’ll see that I’ve made plenty of mistakes. I’ve tried to be honest with you throughout—honest about the good as well as the bad."

Just the start of the book and already, Martin Smith shares, this is about trying, being human and addresses the following questions,

* How do I balance my “ministry” with my family?
* How do I know what God is leading me to do?
* Can I hold on to my first love for God while still holding on to the wisdom gained over years?

"Delirious" is a book of honest, what can be done and will challenge you to ask yourself these very same questions as you are moved by the sharing of what Martin Smith has to share. For many of us....surrounded by a life, often pinpointed by everyday details and routine, it can be as simple as getting out of our comfort zone.

Stirring, challenging and eye opening....you will find yourself also challenged to think along the lines of these questions of:

* “Are you going to be spectators or agents of change?
* Are you going to read history or make it happen?
* Are you just going to sing the songs or will you live them out?”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Delirious.