Cathy 's Reviews > Engaging the Enemy

Engaging the Enemy by Elizabeth Moon

Feb 23, 11

bookshelves: ebook-read, ebook-owned, science-fiction, read-in-2011
Read from February 21 to 24, 2011

Quite good if you're willing to suspend disbelief in the outrageous competence of youth. I like the 3 major characters of Ky, Stella and Grace. I'd like to see more action in the big picture than in just a few isolated encounters/battles. And the action is very uneven; it's mostly talk and almost no action until the end.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Engaging the Enemy.

02/21/2011 page 1
0.0% "I'm too sick and tired to clean up the mess that is this book's description. If anyone has the time to do it, that would be wonderful." 3 comments
02/22/2011
21.0% "Seems like our girl is getting in way over her head. Hiring weapons crews, planning to run as privateer. She's 23!"
02/22/2011
36.0% "I'm getting bored. The know-it-all kid will end up admiral of a fleet any minute. Too dumb."
02/22/2011 page 50 "I totally dig MacRobert (and his partnering w/ Grace, who I also dig) but boy is the rationale for his placement at the Academy convoluted and dumb. He's another Rafe, lazy storytelling. If you can't come up with logical way to tell a story, is it ok to just shrug and do it anyway? I guess so, I'm still reading."
02/23/2011
52.0% "It's weird that Stella has never mentioned her husband or son. Are they still alive? I do like her though."
02/23/2011
77.0% "It's a bit harsh, but I kind of dig a society where you can be jailed for outright rudeness. Calling a judge stupid is stupid!"