Jim's Reviews > Last Words

Last Words by Mariah Stewart

Feb 21, 2011

liked it
Read in February, 2011

Read this today. One of many of hers I've read now. Don't know if it was my mood but, at the beginning, the process the killer used was too graphic for me. I also found it annoying that every female of significance had to be "pretty." At the very end, she at least did not abuse a possible comment about looks from the Chief of police.

Other than that, she generally writes well and her books usually move quickly, as is the case with this one. As is common through her books, there's always a romantic element (low keyed enough that it doesn't bother an anti-romantic read such as I), but this one was done in a way I liked, especially the end. To say more would be saying too much--but for the "romantic" readers, it'll probably be a disappointing ending, I suppose.

I've already got Last Breath, the third of this trilogy, from the library and will begin reading that soon.

Having started going through her books in order of publication, I would advise all to do the same. Even though the individual sets are independent of one another in story, the FBI agents' stories do impose a chronology that is better when read in order.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Words.