Kayna Olsen's Reviews > Keesha's House

U_50x66
Feb 21, 11

bookshelves: books-11-20
Read in February, 2011

This book tells the stories of 7 teenagers who are all experiencing trials relevant to modern teenagers and their interaction with Keesha's house. This house with a large blue front door originally belonged to Joe's aunt Annie. When he was a teenager she took him in and gave him a place to stay without asking questions. After she passed away Joe decided to continue on with the tradition. Keesha ran away from her drunk father and found refuge at Joe's house. As she comes in contact with youth needing a place to live she gives them a place to stay and the word is spread to others about Keesha's house. This book is written in poems with each page turn switching to another person.
I loved this book! It was very realistic to how I believe teenagers would react to the situations these teens are part of. I really liked that while Keesha offered them a place to stay she, in a very quiet and non-imposing way, helped them with their situations and contact those that should have known where they were. I also enjoyed reading the adult's perspective of what was going on. I would highly recommend this book to teenagers and parents of teenagers. I just wish there was a little more to the story!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Keesha's House.