Carrie Hinkel-Gill's Reviews > Supreme Justice

Feb 21, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: authors-and-appatizers, mlm-mystery
Read from February 21 to May 03, 2011

It's not really a bad story, it's just that that's all it is, a story. I could not make an emotional attachment to anything - characters or plot. I just didn't care. The ending wasn't really emotionally satisfying as far as I'm concerned.

Unlike many stories I've read before this one, I felt like I was an outsider, not even someone there for the ride, just there, outside a high window. It felt as if the author didn't really care if the reader connected to the characters or not.

If all you want is to read a story based in the world of law, then you might appreciate this one.

However, if you're the type of reader who needs to or prefers to make emotional connections to the characters in a story, then I'd suggest you move on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Supreme Justice.

03/13/2011 page 21
show 13 hidden updates…

Carrie Hinkel-Gill This was one of the harder books for me to get through. In fact, I almost didn't finish it, but I slogged on, hoping it would get better. Well, it didn't.

message 2: by Miriam (new)

Miriam Majome I enjoyed your review and I can relate to it even though I have not read the book. I can transfer your sentiments to many other books I have read. Kindly recommend books you truly enjoyed as I'm quite certain you know good books because you sound it. I enjoy authors who know how to develop strong characters- the type which you get to feel you know personally and could walk down the street and call them by name