Alex Bennett's Reviews > Unleashed

Unleashed by Nancy Holder

Jul 02, 12

Read from May 05 to 08, 2012

Please check out Electrifying Reviews for more reviews like this, plus giveaways, interviews, and more!

From the moment I first heard about it, I really wasn’t expecting Unleashed to be anything more than the average paranormal romance that is ever so popular in young adult books these days. And to be honest, that’s sort of what it is. However, Unleashed is actually really good and even if it’s not the most original concept, I’d still recommend it.

The world of Wolf Springs is very much like the world of Forks: the small town atmosphere with lots of townsfolk and lots of gossip and myths and legends. Instead of vampires, though, there are werewolves. Unleashed follows the same formula as Twilight and many other books in the same vein, but it does it quite well, with a story that definitely pulled me in and held my attention throughout.

Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguié are a great writing pair, and it’s evident from their many, many books together that they agree. Their styles flow so well together, and it’s far from obvious that Unleashed was written by more than one author. I’m definitely a new fan of the duo, and will be reading more of their books soon, hopefully.

The characters in Unleashed were above average, but not completely dynamic or fleshed out. I could connect to a few of them, and I did enjoy reading about all of them, but I felt like some of them were just put in place so the story could go on, without any real purpose.

Even though it’s so similar to many of the popular paranormal romances for teens on the market today, I really did enjoy Unleashed and if you’re not too sick of the genre, I’d definitely give it a try if I were you.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unleashed.

05/07/2012