Eleni ( La Femme Readers )'s Reviews > The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Sep 25, 11

Read from September 04 to 12, 2011

Originally posted here: http://lafemmereaders.blogspot.com/20...
Rating: 4.5

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is a great example of a book that lives up to its publicity. I usually am very curious when it comes to highly recommended books, so when that stunning cover came out, I knew I had to read it. Luckily for me and hopefully other readers who will give it a try, Michelle Hodkin delivered something remarkable. You know I am really into a book when my husband looks at me and says, "Um, don't you have work in the morning?" So, that's always a good sign for sure!

The beginning and middle started out with great strength, while the ending unfortunately started to lose some emphasis on the story line. But, in its defense, the plot started to take a supernatural turn I wasn’t expecting. This twist leads me to think that the sequel will be filled with aspects that I usually crave for in YA.

Now, the powerful point throughout the chapters, were the characters. Mara had one of those personalities you couldn’t help but not love. She was feisty, opinionated and downright interesting. The progression within herself after her accident was increasingly addictive. I was on the edge of my seat waiting to find out all the answers. In addition, Noah’s presence was just plain delicious. I enjoyed the relationship between the two; their chemistry was undeniably present from the moment they met. He even made me swoon at times, thanks to his smooth lines and good looks. It’s been a while since I felt like that for a YA boy, so kudos to you Michelle!

Lastly, the start to this series was phenomenally done. With some tightening in the twist, I can only imagine what I am going to get hit with next. I am really excited to see the development of this story and what happens to Mara and Noah.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.