Regina's Reviews > Living Nightmare

Living Nightmare by Shannon K. Butcher

F 50x66
Oct 06, 11

Read in October, 2011

We finally get to see Madoc and Nika's story. Anyone following this series had to know this was almost inevitable. Madoc is driven to kill has many Synestryn as possible to help put Nika's mind back together, while Nika is driven to prove to everyone that her youngest sister Tori is still alive. Tori is alive - she is being held by Zillah, a very powerful Synestryn, and Maura, Sybil's other half (and I really mean that). Nika's problem is that she has been mentally unstable for so long that no one believes her. Madoc wants Nika badly, but what's left of his soul won't let him claim her.

A lot goes on in this book. We see some of the couples from earlier books, as well as some side stories = almost too many to keep track of. Gilda's betrayal is finally revealed, and her story with Angus comes to a sad conclusion. Sad, also, is the story of Grace and the paralyzed Sentinel Torr, although we do not yet know how it will end. More is revealed about Project Lullaby (not as sinister as I thought), and Helen and Lexi's lost sister (she doesn't know it yet) is found.

Nika turns out to be a formidable force. I look forward to seeing how her powers grow, along with her partnership with Madoc.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Living Nightmare.