Mateja's Reviews > Nightfall

Nightfall by L.J. Smith

Sep 05, 11

bookshelves: books-i-own-physical, read-in-2011
Read from August 02 to September 05, 2011 — I own a copy

Nightfall is a failed attempt to revive the Vampire Diaries series that I’ve read a few years ago and loved. I can’t say that I enjoyed reading this book and to be honest it felt more like a task.

The premise of this book was interesting, but it was carried out poorly. At moments the plot was confusing and sometimes simply weird and I still don’t get parts of it.

The pacing was very slow. In the beginning certain scenes would go on for almost a hundred pages. That wouldn’t have been so bad, if everything that happened was relevant to the story. Unfortunately they were filled with cheesy and sappy conversations between characters that often had me rolling my eyes and were of no interest to the plot development.

The constant switching between POV’s was irritating as it tended to happen in the middle of chapters with no indication. In the middle of conversations even, so occasionally it was hard to keep track of who thought what. And there were too many different POV’s in general.

The side characters (Bonnie, Matt and Meredith) seemed to have lost their individual personalities and have merged into one Elena-worshipping persona. Their reactions at the situations they were in were in my opinion ridiculous in completely unbelievable.

I already mentioned there was a lot of Elena-worshipping going on and I found it annoying. Now, I liked Elena in the first four books, I had nothing against her, but in this book she lacked any particular characteristic that would make her stand out among all the other characters. It’s a bad sign when a main character just blends in and does little to make herself noticeable.

The only reason I gave this book two stars instead of one is Damon. I just love a bad boy with potential. Though there was a moment toward the end of the book that I was afraid that he would turn into a sniveling love-struck boy, because honestly, that’s what we have Matt and Stefan for. But in the end his bad-assery prevailed. Yay!

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nightfall.

08/06/2011 page 52
09/01/2011 page 149
25.0% 8 comments
show 2 hidden updates…

Zemira Warner Damon je jedini razlog zašto iko čita ove glupe knjige.

Mateja Se strinjam :)