Jenny's Reviews > Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke

F 50x66
Feb 21, 2011

Read in February, 2011

The title of the book was the first thing that caught my eye, but what really led me to read it was the fact that it was set in Minnesota. As a Minnesota native, I enjoyed the references to Minnesota sports teams, weather, cities, etc. It's always fun to read a book set in the Midwest!

I enjoyed the character of Hannah Swenson. Hannah owns a bakery/coffee shop known as "The Cookie Jar"--hence the title of the book. Hannah is a person well-liked in the community, but has family relationships (particularly with her mother) that can be challenging.

This book was a definitely a light read. Some of the parts were a little predictable; but the ending was not what I expected. The unrealistic part of the book was how easily Hannah was able to get information, check it out, and act on it--much quicker than her brother-in-law (a law enforcement office) was able to. However, because I was viewing this as a light read--and because the brother-in-law was definitely part of solving the case--that tendency didn't bother me.

Once bonus feature of the book was that it included recipes for some of the cookies Hannah baked and sold. I don't know if I'd ever try any of them, but it was fun to see what some of them were.

Overall, I enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more in her series (especially since the ending of this one hinted at some future possible relationship conflicts)!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder.