Zane's Reviews > The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle

The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi

Feb 21, 11

** spoiler alert ** This book was just pretty good. It almost lost me at first because of the boringness and her attitude at first toward everybody. I just wanted to jump in the book and tell her what was really up and that she wasn't better than everybody. I had a feeling that I was going to stop short until some of the mystery started kicking in. It kept making wonder what was going to happen next. Every time one of my questions was answered, the book produced another. It got more and more captivating as the book went on. At first, I thought she was going to stay stuck up and evil the whole time. After that, I never thought she was going to join the crew or even except them for that matter, but when she did, I was completely taken aback. I started becoming more comfortable with Charlotte after she started becoming a cooler person and started being more down to Earth. I was so glad when she even joined the rebellion. It was great to see that she was actually caring about the crew and being committed. At first, I thought she was just putting on a front to be forgiven for getting them in trouble but was glad when I discovered that she was actually getting into being there and committing to the sea life. Just seeing her development through out the book got me hooked. The little signs like how she stopped writing as proper through the book and started using sailor talk. I really appreciated her when she started going against the captain. And the end really was what made me really like the book completely. It was great when she left her proper life and returned to the life of a sailor.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle.