Mel's Reviews > Eye of the Tempest

Aug 03, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: e-book, urban-fantasy, 2011
Read from August 01 to 02, 2011

The Jane True series is one of my favorites and I was really looking forward to this book (in spite of the horrendous changes they made to the cover). Though it was a quick read and still pretty good, it was by far my least favorite book in the series and left me with mixed emotions. I love Jane and I really wanted to love this book but I just didn't. It fell flat for me and when I finished I was both sad and a little angry.

Snarky Jane was still there and kicking ass but certain scenes were really drawn out and rather boring. I found myself wanting to skip ahead and that doesn't happen often. Though Jane's inner battle with her libido is always funny at times she was more concerned about her bicurious attraction to Blondie instead of fixing doggie Anyan. Hell her libido seemed more important than even saving herself in the middle of battle; that annoyed me. I found myself wanting to tell her to concentrate before she became dog food. Speaking of dogs, how many times can you mention a dog peeing, smelling it and licking himself before it gets old? It's a dog and it's what they do, please move on.

The thing I found most disappointing about the book was the ending. I'm not talking about the end of the battle because I liked that plus Jane got a really cool labrys out of the deal. What I'm talking about is the buildup between Anyan and Jane; it has been going on too long to just leave the readers hanging like that. It was soooo anticlimactic. Yes I realize this is not a PNR series but come on. At this point I feel almost as tortured as Jane does.

Will I read Tempest's Fury, the next book in the series? Yes. Even with this book being somewhat disappointing, it is still one of the best UF series out there right now. Will I look forward to it as much as I did this book? Probably not.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eye of the Tempest.

FreeMrBates I agree with everything you said. Her libido took over the book and after a while it became annoying.

message 2: by Shawn (new)

Shawn too much libido. LOL
I am not sure that I will read the others, unless this one picks up some.